Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A quick reminder that I love Kitty (Pryde)

It's been a while since the Corpse spoke of his favorite Internet rap sensation, Kitty, AKA Kitty Pryde. Why is that, you ask? Is it because yours truly has given up on Florida's finest red-/green-/pink-haired daughter and her talent? Has said talent dissipated at an alarming rate? IS THE WORLD ENDING?

Fear not, caro leitores! I still love the shit out of Kitty, she continues to put out great songs, and the world isn't ending. You may need to readjust your tastes if you're expecting straight hip-hop, seeing as how Miss Beckwith has become adept at cranking out dance floor bangers, but she's still as witty, relevant and, dare I say, lovely as ever. I look forward to seeing where her career takes her.

In the meantime, I have to go pick up dinner, so rather than read my tired-ass words, listen to Kitty herself and enjoy the pleasure that comes with seeing a really good artist do her thing.

No comments: