Thursday, January 13, 2011

Your humble Corpse as husband-to-be.

Yep, I'm getting married.

I've been with Tracey for almost four years now, and it's been great. So great that, after several months of serious thought, I asked her to marry me last week. It wasn't a grandiose, romantic thing- that's not really my style, and the proposal was as much a result of circumstances as deliberation- but it felt right, and still does. I love this woman dearly, and I easily see us spending our lives together.

It's an interesting and exciting time, but not in a conventional sense: I'm not a giddy twentysomething in the throes of heady romance, but rather a dude who's immensely lucky to have had several years of solid happiness with another person. Marriage will be a continuation, and deepening, of that happiness, and that's what I find awesome. Of course, it's not exciting only on my end; if I wasn't sure that she felt the same, I'd be far more nervous than I am. (To my delight, I'm not really nervous at all, except when I contemplate all the logistical worries that come with impending marriage.) We're a great pair made of a couple solid individuals, and the overlay of the two will make for a fulfilling life together.

I'm stoked. So is Tracey. So are our friends. This is gonna be a blast.

Catch y'all soon. Love always.

-DAS

2 comments:

Kraneia said...

That is awesome! Congrats to you (and the soon-to-be Ms. Corpse)

Aye,
Scratch

Jennifer said...

Absolutely beautiful post. I'm so happy for the two of you that I don't know how to adequately express it. Congrats x a million!