Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Otra vez.

Classes start tomorrow. I'm staying up late tonight out of principle, by which I mean "in defiance of common sense." I've barely kept up with my Chinese over the past month, and while my on-and-off-again studies have surprised me with how much I've retained, my active memory feels atrophied. There's a precedent for this- last winter break, to be precise, and the yawning chasm that is the summer between semesters- so I'm not terribly worried. That said, I am worried, because I've established a good reputation in the Chinese Studies department and I don't want to let it slip due to laziness.

Ah, laziness, the most underrated of virtues and most maligned of vices. I'm almost ashamed to say that I'm unsure whether I've used this weblog to expound on laziness in the past, but that's probably the case. At the moment I'm not inclined to do so, because the Ourobouros of idleness refuses to let go of its tail, which leaves me here at two-something in the morning, relishing the last minutes of this long interstitial period, its attendant heavy metal and beer dregs and exhausted wonder...

This is it, folks. This is how it's always been and always will be.

No comments: