Friday, July 14, 2006

Wheel left, advance! Front on old acquaintance!

I finally got to talk to someone about this week's monumental change in my approach to the Spring years and all that came from them, and man, I was nowhere as misunderstood as I thought I'd be. In some ways, this whole scenario is bad news, but in other, more important ways, it's exactly what I needed, even if it's a thorn in the paw of the writing I've been doing for the past two years.

I also ran into Leslie tonight while bouncing from bar to bar. She is as rad as she ever was.

None of this stops me from grinning like a motherfucker when I hear Avril's "Sk8r Boi" and wonder what life would be like if I'd been a teenager when this song came out. I used to think my appreciation of Avril was purely a retroactive sentimental thing, a yearning for the years sans responsibility, but hey! I still love that beautiful Canadian and the things she writes. (And she ain't the only one who classifies as such.)

Ich liebe Dich Leben! Danke!

No comments: