Friday, July 21, 2006

Well done, Smith.

Instead of driving drunk to House of Guys for huevos rancheros, I opted to stay home and fill my WWI canteen cup with soymilk and eat toast with Marmite and margarine (which isn't as good as butter, but the butter in the fridge is notoriously hard and therefore difficult to spread on toast; plus, as far as I can tell, margarine is vegan, which is a bonus- if I read the ingredients list incorrectly, blame my intoxication). And man, do I love bread, milk (soy or dairy), and Marmite. They beat eggs with half-assed salsa hands down.

Sorry, Elspeth, I can't explain why the British love Marmite, other than to say it really is an acquired taste. I'm glad I acquired it, though.

1 comment:

Shari Lee Lori said...

yeah, good thing you decided against the hard butter. ANIMAL BLUBBER GUTS! you wretched savage!

and dave, i am more than happy you chose not to drink and drive. you have no idea.