Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My trusty warhorse, the Blue Bastard, goes off to the scrapyard today, a victim of bureaucracy, thieves, and vandals. A hearty "fuck off and die" to Texas DPS regulations and everyone else who stood in the way of my car taking its proper place on the road, and my thanks to those who knew what the Blue Bastard was really about.

See you in V-6 Valhalla, Blue Bastard. Until then, things will be, as the sticker on your back windshield so casually proclaimed, "all right."

2 comments:

chainlinkspiral said...

I'd like to mentally picture the blue beast forever cruising the surban sprawl of the night, littered with empty beer cans, discarded cigarretes, junk food wrappers, good tunes always emananting from some inner hollow, windows rolled down, forever passing by absurd scenes of middle school formal parties and the crazy unexplored regions of the neighborhood whose street layouts make not a goddamn lick of sense. here's to that.

the corpse said...

I knew that both of you would be the most sympathetic to my plight. Whenever I get another vehicle of pseudo-legendary proportions, we will have to bomb our way up to the burbs one evening, blasting riffs, cruising strange neighborhoods, cat-calling innocent dames, and, for a few hours, living a life that bears an uncanny resemblance to that of the as-of-yet-unfilmed protagonists of "All Right."