Friday, February 11, 2005

Apologies for the silence lately. I'd like to say I've been writing, but I've really been hanging out with Lisa, Bridget, and Chris (fine folks all, especially brain-using, balisong-wielding, metal-listening Lisa, but I don't mean that as any sort of disrespect to the others) and playing The Longest Journey, at long last. My brother bought it years ago, and I really wanted to play it, but the appearance of a new girlfriend kept me from doing so. No, not because she gave me shit about playing computer games, but because I didn't want to alienate poor Sara immediately by spending my time directing a rather foxy girl around the screen for days on end. Even I'm not that callous.

I'm heading up to see two of the finest men I've ever met this weekend. That's right: my pops and my uncle. Come Saturday, I'll be in the Piney Woods, shooting the shit, drinking coffee, staring at the stars, blasting holes in a tree with my Kalashnikov, reading history books I'd usually never pick up, and, in the small hours, giving myself writer's cramp as I crank out notes for my next book.

Life is good.

Addendum: The new Dark Tranquillity and (I may have mentioned this already, but fuck it) High on Fire records are worth every motherfucking penny. Personally, I'm in awe at how well the albums compliment each other when your mood changes after a few songs. Metal uber alles.

No comments: