Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Per the recommendation of one of the fine folks at Duna Records, I decided to try tequila (not Hornitos, as suggested, but the free bottle of Cuervo Anejo I've got at the house), double lime, and soda. So far, so good, and I don't like tequila at all.

It may sound heretic to many, but I fucking dig Black Sabbath's work with Ronnie James Dio, especially Heaven and Hell. Put on "Neon Knights," "Heaven and Hell," "Children of the Sea," or "Die Young" and you'll know what I mean, especially if you're willing to put aside any Ozzy-era prejudices.

"Ride out
Defenders of the realm
Captains at the helm
Sail across the sea of light!"

HELL YEAH!

I'm gonna see Orange Goblin on Friday. Everyone's invited; it's at the Axiom, costs eight bucks, and the doors open at ten. Show your hessian pride and be there! If you don't make it, you fucking better go see Blue Oyster Cult on the 15th.

No comments: