Monday, April 26, 2004

All hail Dungeons & Dragons, which has turned 30!

D&D, and role-playing in general, has been one of the biggest influences on my life, and no matter what non-gamers may say about it, IT RULES. Here's to Rat, Wolfgar (not the one from the Icewind Dale books, but my buddy Brad's Damaran barbarian), Rogo Frostybeard, Hood, Zalandros, Greegan (a crumpled dollar bill for anyone who catches the reference) and every other D&D character I've ran, interacted with, or been Dungeon Master for. I've utterly enjoyed almost fifteen years of (increasingly infrequent, alas) role-playing, and I can definitely say I'm a better man for it- hell, without D&D, I never would've written Critical Hits, or Axis Mundi Sum for that matter.

To quote Cronos, "HELL FUCKIN' YEAH!"

No comments: