Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Everyone should do themselves and the rest of the world and stop taking so many pictures. Unless you're doing something interesting- which excludes overabundant snapshots of your children, your home, your church, or sporting events- leave your camera behind. I work in a photo lab and I'm getting sick and fucking tired of looking at babies (which all look alike), vacations to the same old places, and so on.



If the guy who made One Hour Photo wanted to be realistic, he would've had Sy go nuts because he had to put up with hyper-suburbanites incessantly, not because that family failed to be hyper-suburban (though, actually, they were perfectly suburban...). I wonder if my job would be any better if it wasn't located in The Woodlands (yes, capital T), which is easily the most yuppie-infested suburb I've ever seen. You can't imagine what wretched fucks call this place home, acting as if anything outside of The Woodlands is tainted and that they're all participating in some sort of benevolent, corporate social experiment that makes them superior to everyone from neighboring towns, e.g. Spring, where I live.


I'm getting incoherent. Adios for now.

No comments: