Monday, October 23, 2023

Alberto Estima de Oliveira — O Diálogo do Silêncio / The Dialogue of Silence 47

I don't know what to make of this one, y'all. I didn't put a ton of effort into it, to be honest. I'm way behind on this project, and I'm ready for it to be done.

47


envolvo-me
no átomo que sou
no átrio
do castelo

ajeito a manta
dos retalhos que colhi
de todas as luas
embalo-(me)
no sono da vigília
e recolho-(me)
nos martelos do piano
no derradeiro acorde
do concerto
sons da cachoeira
onde me esgoto.

dou sentido
agora
ao fogo que desperta
do tronco rubro
e
volto a reflectir-(me)
a envolver-(me)
na noite.


-----


47


i get caught up
in the atom i am
in the courtyard
of the castle

i adjust the patchwork
mantle i gathered
from all the moons
wrap (myself)
in waking sleep
and withdraw (myself)
into the piano's hammers
in the final chord
of the concert
sounds of the waterfall
where I run dry.

making sense
now
of the fire arising
from the crimson trunk
and
return to reflect on (myself)
getting (myself) caught up
in the night.



No comments: