Monday, July 30, 2012

Prydes of the X-Men Fans

Dear Kitty Pryde and Kitty Pryde,

Some dude here. You were awesome in the '80s and into the '90s, especially during your Excalibur years. (Still my favorite monthly book ever.) Some foolishness went down since then, but you're still rad. I didn't care much for the X-men movies, but I hear you were important in the last one. Whatever. You're still the incredibly smart chick who can phase through anything and gets to hang out with Nightcrawler and company while providing a much-needed perspective on just about anything, be it basic human relationships to Big Shit, Mutant Variety(tm).

As for you, cute redhead rapper who at least has enough going for her to take her stage name from Colossus' ongoing crush: you are pretty neat too. I look forward to seeing where you go with the things you rap about and your resulting career. I honestly hope you don't end up some internet footnote, dude.

P.S. I like the aesthetics of your "OK Cupid" video and the sound of your version of "Call Me Maybe." As someone who thinks effort is often overrated, it's nice to see someone not trying too goddamn hard.

Man, I wish I had a stack of comics to read right now.

No comments: