Thursday, June 30, 2011

to-do list: near future edition

Things to do within the next year, or maybe starting next summer, depending on what they are:

-get more familiar with UNIX and associated programs (vim for starters)
-set up my own Gopherspace
-get my books and music arranged alongside Tracey's; now that we're married, there's not much excuse not to merge our collections
-skate more
-translate at least three of Lin Yutang's (or someone's) essays from Chinese
-visit my brother in California
-finish volumes 2 (in progress) and 3 of In Search of Lost Time
-finish 2666, not kill self
-hit 150 pages on the current novel, or another one, as long as I'm writing something
-maybe get into some kinda grad program for Chinese, if not, no worries
-convince myself certain types of comma usage are acceptable
-lots of other things I can't think of right now

How can you help? I don't know. Remind me I wrote this in, say, January 2012, and maybe that'll start a frenzy of activity. Or I'll do nothing and blame it on what should be my final semester at UH in the Chinese Studies program.

I'll be back before I head to China. Later, folks.

now playing: Destroyer 666, Unchain the Wolves

No comments: