Friday, August 20, 2010

Autumn approaches! What will you do?

Here in Houston, autumn's still distant, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming of cool, crisp weather, (some) fallen leaves, intensified studies, and a painfully long-delayed replay to one of the best video games ever, Bully. I start classes on Monday, whereupon I have to prove my worth to the Chinese department so that I can get a scholarship to the Middle Kingdom next summer. This year my teacher is a native putonghua/zhongwen speaker, which makes the semester all the more intense. If all goes well, she'll put up with me; otherwise, I'm gonna be in a situation so miserable, and so unlike all the other failures in my life, that I won't know what to do. I never know what to do, but at the age of thirty-one, my chances of surviving flat-out rejection are a) lower than I'd like and b) nightmarish, as in hound of hell.

Apologies, folks. Sleep well- you have no clue how much an extra blanket runs.

No comments: