Friday, June 18, 2010

Thus I have heard:

Tonight MC Chris, MC Lars, and YTCracker played here in H-Town. I really wanted to go, but I didn't, partially because I had nobody to go with (not because nobody was interested, but because there were conflicts of the scheduling variety), partially because I didn't want to spend a ton of money- I wouldn't be content just to pay the cover, I woulda wanted to buy shirts and shit- and partially because I wanted to spend the evening relaxin' on the couch.

It's been a good evening. I spent much of it poking around a UNIX shell (bash, yo) and learning stuff, which has been one of my summer goals. Still, I wonder what I missed at the show. I bet YTCracker played some shit I would've gone nuts for, and I kind of wish I'd been there.

I wasn't. It's a shame, and a fact. If I wasn't listening to Nerd Life right now I doubt I'd feel as wistful as I do, but such is the case.

But wait, the music's changed: Ramones, It's Alive, track one, "Rockaway Beach." I bought this album fifteen years ago in Venezuela, and lost it on the bus within a week of purchase. My mood's changed. The transitory nature of everything has become all the more apparent.

All right!

No comments: