Friday, February 13, 2004

I SUCCUMB

Half an hour left on the clock and nothing to do, so I'm giving in to the banality that is posting the occasional thought. I'll justify it by saying that if I didn't put things here, I'd forget it, but that's not really true. I could just write them in my notebook.

What would a novel written like a black metal album sound like? Not about black metal, but like black metal, the primitive old Darkthrone kind, raw and shrill and utterly lacking in low end. What the hell qualifies as the written equivalent of 'low end,' anyway? How do you write a book that sounds like Transilvanian Hunger? I think I'll go home, listen to Hate Them, and see if I can figure something out. I do know one thing: it wouldn't be a long novel. The literary equivalent of 35 rasping minutes might- might- be 200 pages.

Well, that's all. Time to start counting minutes.

No comments: